We all know you deserve a tasty treat but don’t want to reap the side effects of sugar highs (and lows).
The #FemmeFam has been put through the grueling process of trying and testing a smorgasbord of different recipes to ensure we recommend only the most tastiest, delightful muffins.
See below for the scrumptious recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or plain all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2-3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or nuts optional
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, honey, milk and vanilla for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, flour mixture and chocolate chips (or any other add-ins of choice.
- Pour batter into muffin pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy
Some Recipes Notes
Difference Between White and Whole-Wheat
Whole-wheat flour is made with red wheat, which is darker in color. It has a slightly bitter taste and a coarser texture.
White whole-wheat flour which lacks bran color. It also has a milder flavor and softer texture.
To make gluten-free: Use Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour.
For dairy-free/vegan: use almond milk and flax eggs and maple syrup.
All credit to the lovely team at;